Website Terms and Conditions
Why you should read these T&Cs. Please read these T&Cs carefully before you decide to use our Website. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services or digital content to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms, please contact us to discuss.
What you are agreeing to by using our Website. By accessing our Website, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms, and you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into these Terms. If you do not agree to all of the provisions in these Terms, you must not access or use our Website.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are. We are Method X Studios Limited ("MXS", "we", "our" or "us") a limited liability company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11903536 and our registered office is at The Old Workshop, 1 Ecclesall Road South, Sheffield, S11 9PA.
How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we may contact you. If you have provided us with your contact details, we may contact you from time to time for the purpose of research, specifically in order to provide links to online survey questions that you may want to complete to help us improve whathelped.me functionality and content.
How we may contact you. If you have provided us with your contact details, we may contact you from time to time for the following reasons:
- purpose of research, specifically in order to provide links to online survey questions that you may want to complete to help us improve whathelped.me functionality and content
- purpose of providing information on improving mental health and updates
- purpose of providing updates on the progress of the company, MXS
3. Access to and changes to our Website
Use of our Website. These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Website at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Website in violation of these Terms.
Free of charge. Our Website is made available free of charge. We reserve the right at any time in the future to charge for use of our Website.
Age restriction. You agree that you are 18 or over.
No guarantee of availability. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content in it, will always be available or uninterrupted. We reserve the right (in our sole discretion) to suspend, discontinue or restrict the availability of the Website (or part thereof) for any reason at our sole discretion (including for any use of the Website in violation of these Terms). We will try to give you reasonable notice of any such suspension, discontinuation or restriction. You agree that MXS will not be liable to you or to any third party for any suspension, discontinuation or restriction of the Website or any part thereof.
No guarantee of accuracy. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content in it, will be free from errors or omissions. We do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on our Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to our Website. We do not medically review user posted content.
Our right to change and update our Website. We reserve the right (in our sole discretion) from time to time to change the Website for any reason or no reason at all. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to these Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes. You agree that MXS will not be liable to you or to any third party for any change to the Website or any part thereof.
No support obligation. You acknowledge and agree that MXS will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with our Website.
Your responsibility in relation to accessing our Website. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
Territorial scope. Our Website is directed to people in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Website is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our Website or any service or product described on our Website to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our Website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
4. Intellectual property rights
Our rights to the content on our Website. You acknowledge and agree that we are the sole owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights (including copyright and database rights) in our Website, and in all the content published on it and any selection or arrangement of such content except the content which was submitted by our users. Those works are protected by copyright and trademark laws and treaties around the world. All rights not expressly granted to you under these Terms are reserved by us (and/or our licensors). Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
Your licence to access and use our Website. We hereby grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sub licensable and non-transferable right to access and use our Website for your own personal, domestic, non-business purposes. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to the content posted on our Website.
Limited use of the content on our Website. You will not:
- modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; and
- use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Breach of our intellectual property rights. If you breach any part of this "Intellectual property rights" section of these Terms, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials that you have made.
Your rights to your content. When submitting your story on the "Tell your story" page of our Website, you are confirming that the image, story and solutions ("your content") provided is your own image, personal story and is an accurate reflection of what you believe to have happened. You understand that any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Save as otherwise specified in these Terms, all intellectual property rights in the content you upload on our Website will remain vested in you (or your relevant licensors). You hereby agree to grant us the legal permission (or "licence") to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content in accordance with our editorial guidelines and to post your content (including as so modified) in all forms (written, audio, etc) on all platforms and media, anywhere in the world for as long as we want to, or until you tell us to take it down: this is a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free and perpetual licence. You hereby warrant to us that you have the full requisite power and authority to grant us such usage rights in the content you upload to our Website.
Your responsibility in relation to licences relating to your content. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all licences required for the use of the content you upload to our Website, including payment of all associated licence fees and other costs.
Your right to have your content removed. At any time, you can contact MXS on email@example.com to remove your story (and we will do so as soon as we can after receiving your email).
5. Uploading content
Submitting your content. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Website, or to make contact with other users of our Website, you must comply with the following terms which constitute our "Acceptable Use Policy":
You agree not to use the Website to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any user content:
- that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another's privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libellous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, is intended to intimidate or cause physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable;
- that is harmful to minors in any way; or
- that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party; and
• You agree not to:
- upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Website any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data;
- send through the Website unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise;
- use the Website to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Website, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Website), whether through password mining or any other means;
- harass or interfere with any other user's use and enjoyment of the Website; or
- use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Website, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Website (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our robots.txt file).
Your responsibility in relation to your content. You have sole responsibility for and warrant the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights, reliability and appropriateness of all content or data which is uploaded to our Website. You acknowledge and agree that when you submit content or view content provided by others, you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, of that content. You indemnify us for any breach of this warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content posted by you or any other user of our Website.
We may disclose your identity in the event of a complaint against you. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy, provided that in doing so we comply with applicable laws.
Our right to review, remove and modify your content. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any content you upload to our Website, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying such content, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
Backing up your content. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of our Website may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to content to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings of content or other information submitted by you or other users to our Website.
No endorsement. You acknowledge and agree that the views expressed by you and other users on our Website do not necessarily reflect the views of MXS, and that we do not support or endorse any user content. To the extent that the stories refer to medicinal products which are not legal in the UK, the use of these products is not endorsed or recommended by MSX.
Your queries. Any queries regarding copyright and your content should be directed in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No liability for loss arising from viruses. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, bug, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on the Website, or on any website linked to our Website.
Your responsibility in relation to your equipment. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
Linking to our Website. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
No suggested association. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
No right to link on websites not owned by you. You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
Linking to the home page only. Our Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
Compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy. The website in which you are linking must comply in all aspects with our Acceptable Use Policy described in the "Uploading your content" section above.
Requesting our permission. If you wish to make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
8. Third party links and resources in our Website
Third party links are for convenience only. If our Website contains links to other websites and services and/or displays advertisements of third parties:
- These links and advertisements are not under our control and are provided for your convenience only. We do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to links and advertisements. You use all links and advertisements at your own risk, and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so.
- When you click on any links and advertisements, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices.
No responsibility for content of third party links. You should make whatever investigation you consider necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such links and advertisements. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites or resources and we will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
9. No reliance on information
For information purposes only and does not constitute advice. The content on our Website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice (of any nature) on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialty advice before taking or refraining from any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
No representations or warranties. We make reasonable commercial efforts to update the information on our Website. However, we do not provide any representations, warranties or guarantees with respect to the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content published on our Website. To the extent that the stories refer to medicinal products which are not legal in the UK, the use of these products is not endorsed or recommended by MSX.
10. Limitations of liability
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
Nothing in these Terms will be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it; and
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website; and
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss of data;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer:
- We only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity; and
- If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
You agree to indemnify us. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MXS, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and expenses, arising out of a breach of your obligations, representation and warranties of these Terms.
12. Data protection
13. Changes to these Terms
Our right to amend these Terms. We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check this page to take note of any changes we have made. You are responsible at all times for complying with the current version of these Terms.
14. Governing Law
Governing law. These Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Jurisdiction. We and you hereby irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Severability. If any provision in these Terms is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then it will be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision will be deemed deleted and the remainder of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.